This is a paid piece from Midco.
Simplified: The Midco Foundation has been helping nonprofits in Sioux Falls and other communities for decades, and they have another opportunity now for organizations to apply for grant funding.
Why it matters
- The foundation – founded in 1987 to provide funding assistance to charitable organizations – offers grants twice per year.
- The grants range from $1,000 to $5,000 typically, and the types of projects and organizations funded vary widely.
- The foundation's mission isn't tied to a specific type of nonprofit or charitable cause. Rather, it's there to help with the greatest needs at a given point in time.
"Our driving force is really simple – just be a force for good in our communities," said Wynne Haakenstad, executive director of the Midco Foundation.
Who are some past recipients?
Recipients of the Fall 2021 grants include:
- The Compass Center,
- Sioux Falls Public Schools Education Foundation,
- Journey of Hope,
- Faith Through Frames,
- Family Visitation Center,
- The Salvation Army,
- and Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota.
How else does the foundation help the community?
The Midco Foundation also matches donations to nonprofits made by Midco team members.
In 2020, the foundation gave $50,000 to Feeding South Dakota to assist during the elevated time of need brought on by the pandemic. Midco team members also regularly donate their time at Feeding South Dakota.
I'm part of a nonprofit. How can I apply for grant funding?
The application is available on the Midco Foundation website.
The foundation encourages requests for specific projects, facility improvements, equipment, and support for specific programs, Haakenstad said.
Applications will be accepted through March 31.