This is a paid piece from the Sioux Metro Growth Alliance.
Simplified: The group of people focused on growing the Sioux Metro area has some new faces coming this year. Meet the new and experienced team behind the Sioux Metro Growth Alliance.
Why it matters
- The Sioux Metro Growth Alliance (SMGA) empowers communities around Sioux Falls to grow through engaging public officials and business leaders, as well as connecting them with resources to foster growth.
- SMGA currently works closely with 16 municipalities across a four-county region. The organizations members have access to various economic development services and events throughout the year.
- SMGA President and CEO Tyler Tordsen took the helm of the organization in the fall, and he's now got a team of four experienced professionals to help serve the needs of the fast-growing region.
“I’m really excited for what 2024 has in store for the Sioux Metro especially with our new team in place,” Tordsen said. “Our communities have a strong growth trajectory and SMGA will be there every step of the way for our partners. We’re just getting started."
Meet the team
Ryan Solberg has been with SMGA since April 2021 and serves as the lead economic development manager for the communities of Lennox, Worthing, and Salem.
- He also helps with the technical aspects of SMGA membership for communities across the region.
Bryce Healy joined the team at the start of 2024 as an economic development and member relations specialist.
- Healy previously worked as the executive director of the Associated General Contractors of South Dakota, where he gained economic development experience as well as connections to developers and other industry experts.
- His current assignment will focus the bulk of his time assisting the Harrisburg Economic Development Corporation and the community of Harrisburg as they move forward the exciting development in the community
“I’m looking forward to working together with the community leaders from across the SMGA footprint,” Healy said.
Chris Fields also joined the SMGA team in January as an economic development and member relations specialist.
- Fields, who lives in Tea, brings more than 20 years of customer service, sales and leadership experience.
Karen Ruhland, director of research, membership & communications with the Sioux Falls Development Foundation, joined the SMGA team on a limited, part-time basis.
- Ruhland is helping out with regional research and administrative support, while still maintaining her role with the Development Foundation.