This is a paid piece from Midco.
Simplified: It's World TV Day on Nov. 21, and MidcoTV is making it easy for you to celebrate with new holiday movies and all of your content in one place. Here's what you need to know.
You had me at new holiday movies
Cue the "12 Days of Christmas" tune. With MidcoTV packages, you'll find:
- 40 new Hallmark movies,
- 20 Great American Family Channel movies,
- 12 Lifetime originals,
- Eight Up TV films,
- Lots of NFL football,
- One Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade,
- And a constant Yule Log stream.
Why it matters
- MidcoTV makes watching simple – and you know we love simplified things here. You've got all your content in one place, with only one set-top box for live TV and streaming apps.
- There's even more flexibility with the MidcoTV app, which allows customers to easily watch on multiple devices in one home without additional set-top boxes.
- MidcoTV also has integrated search, which makes it easy to find the show you want without searching multiple platforms.
"If you want to search for a show, and you don't know where it is, you can search for it, and it’ll direct you to the right app," Residential Product Manager Teresa Lai said. "You’re not switching from remote to remote or box to box."
How does it work?
MidcoTV is different from traditional cable, since it actually runs off an internet connection – which is the way the industry is heading these days.
You'll start with a MidcoTV package and the MidcoTV set-top box, which can connect to any streaming app that's available in Google Play.
"You can switch pretty seamlessly from watching a CBS broadcast to a show on Amazon Prime," Lai said.