This is a paid piece from Silverstar Car Wash.
Simplified: Silverstar Car Wash's new Minnesota Avenue location opened Tuesday, and the business is running a free wash special to give people a chance to try out the new spot.
Why it matters
- The new wash – the ninth in Sioux Falls – is located in the former Vern Eide location between 22nd Street and 26th Street on Minnesota Avenue.
- The site delayed construction last year and instead leased the building to Avera to use as a COVID-19 testing site.
- Silverstar's new location will also house its corporate offices, and it'll house leadership and operations teams as well as employee training for the region.
"We're thrilled to open this new wash, and we're looking forward to seeing our customers add this to the growing list of Silverstar locations they can visit," Regional Manager Andrea Vetos said.
Tell me more about the new wash
The newest Silverstar location will have the same quality wash customers know, including the Super Shine Ceramics – a chemical polymer solution that keeps your vehicle shinier, longer.
How can I find a free wash?
You can get a free Platinum Plus car wash – an $18 value – by registering online here.
While Silverstar is giving away free washes, the business is also collecting donations for Emily's Hope, a local nonprofit that focuses on raising awareness of the opioid epidemic, stopping the stigma of addiction, and helping to offset the cost of treatment.
When can I try it out?
The wash is now open. Normal hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily October through March and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in April to September.
Where else can I find Silverstar Car Washes?
There are eight other open washes. You can find them here:
- 57th Street and Marion Avenue
- 26th Street and Sycamore Avenue
- 69th Street and Louise Avenue
- 26th Street and Marion Avenue
- 3900 E. 10th St.
- 85th Street and Minnesota Avenue
- East 57th Street and Graystone Avenue
- 41st Street and Grange Avenue
There are two other locations in the works – one on West 12th Street near Sertoma Avenue and another on West 41st Street near Ellis Road.