As temperatures continue increasing, there's more to do around the city. Whether you're looking for a family event or a day out of the house, here's some ideas for your week.
- *Party with butterflies. Are you a member of the Butterfly House and Aquarium? Come out for Spring Fling, a member appreciation event from 5 to 7 p.m. on Friday, April 21 at the butterfly house. They'll have a variety of activities like inflatables (weather permitting), hot dogs, popcorn, Mr. Twister balloons, games, and even a magical performance by Spellbound magic! Details here.
- Join the conversation. Learn more about South Dakota Urban Indian Health's new Wo’Okiye Project, which will provide support to unhoused members of the community in lieu of police response. Details here.
- Shop for spring. This Friday and Saturday, stop by some boutiques for a spring boutique crawl. Visit each of the participating locations and you'll be entered to win $800 in gift cards. Details here.
- Dance with your daughter. Take your little one to a daddy daughter dance on Saturday at 3 p.m. for an evening of princesses, crafts, treats and more. Tickets are $55, and you can find more info here.
- Careers with a cause. Learn more about careers in public safety from SFFR and SFPD on Sunday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. There will also be vehicle displays, kids' activities and snacks. Details here.
- Not your circus, but maybe monkeys. Catch the start of the El Riad Circus on Thursday at the Sioux Falls Arena. Tickets are already available, and you can find more details here.
*Denotes a sponsored event. Want to see your event featured in our weekly guide? Get started here!