August is here! We've got a roundup of events for the first week of the last month of summer.
- Meet me at the fair. The Sioux Empire Fair kicks off this weekend and runs through Aug. 12. Pigeon 605 scouted out what's new, and you can find schedules and tickets here.
- Create a community canvas. Hartt Studio is teaming up with the Transformation Project from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday to create a large-scale art composition made up of a bunch of 5-inch by 5-inch canvases created by individuals. Stop by Hartt Studios to participate. More info here.
- Grab some art and pizza. Sunny's Pizzeria is hosting its second annual Bazaart event from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday at its 26th Street location. Grab a pizza, a beer, and support some local artists.
- See Spot jump. Watch dogs run and jump into a pool of water at the DockDogs event at Scheels. The event runs Saturday and Sunday. Schedule and details here.
- Party like it's First Friday. The August Eastbank Block Party will run 5:30 to 11 p.m. Friday at 8th and Railroad. Find live music, food trucks, activities and local vendors. Details and lineup here.
- Pursue pizza. Falls Area Bicyclists is hosting a "Pizza Pursuit" from 12:30 to 5 p.m. Saturday. For $10, you can bike along with a group to four (or five, if you take the long route) different pizzarias in town. Details here.