It's the holiday season! Here's a look at what's happening in Sioux Falls this week.
- *Talk sustainability. A newly formed group called the Sioux Falls Sustainability Coalition is inviting the community to come to its first Community Conversation on Climate and Sustainability event starting at 8:45 a.m. Saturday at Our Savior's Lutheran Church. Find more details and register here.
- See Santa. There are a few opportunities to catch the jolly ol' elf this weekend. He'll be stopping by the Washington Pavilion, the Canton Barn, and the new downtown Winter Weekends event, to name a few. And, of course, he'll be at the mall.
- Support local makers. 605 Made is hosting its annual holiday market from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Cherapa Place. Here's your guide to the almost 50 makers who'll be there.
- Support local artists. The Washington Pavilion is hosting its annual Art Collective from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. It's one of the largest gatherings of local artists in the area, and you can also win raffle prizes. Details here.
- Support Black-owned businesses. Check out the Black Business Expo starting 10 a.m. Sunday at The Social. The in-person shopping event will celebrate local, Black-owned businesses with a wide range of goods and services from food to clothing to tech. Details here.
- Carol of the beers. Sioux Falls' beer choir is singing at Severance starting at 7 p.m. Thursday. Show up, grab a beer, and start singing (ideally, with the other folks who showed up for beer choir – not just singing on your own).
*Denotes a paid event listing. Want to see your event shared here? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.