Missing the fair already? Don't worry, we've got plenty of other options for you to soak up the last bit of summer fun.
- Run a 5K. Live Well Sioux Falls and Falls Community Health are hosting the fifth annual Blue Move 5K run/walk event on Saturday at Cherry Rock Park. Registration is $40, and money supports screenings for colorectal cancer. More here.
- Sing your heart out. Dada Gastropub is teaming up with the Premiere Playhouse to host a "Karaoke showdown" where 12 contestants compete for tips (which will then be donated to the playhouse). Details here.
- Learn about bugs. The Butterfly House and Aquarium is hosting "Bugapalooza" 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Families can explore the world of bugs through games, activities, crafts and animal encoungers. More here.
- Give blood, drink beer. Remedy is hosting a "pint for a pint" blood drive in collaboration with the Community Blood Bank from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday afternoon. Donors will also receive a t-shirt. More here.
- Hit the links before you hit the books. Great Shots is hosting a "Back to School Bash" next Wednesday through Sunday (Aug. 17-20). Each day has a different special with discounts for students and families. Details here.