Here's a look at what's going on in Sioux Falls this week.
- Woo at the zoo. Enjoy an adults-only date night at the zoo from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday – in which you can learn all about the wild ins and outs of animal romance. Your ticket includes light appetizers and non-alcoholic drinks, and beer and wine are available for purchase. Details here.
- Support the Big Sioux. Friends of the Big Sioux River is hosting the 2024 Big Sioux Film Festival fundraiser on Thursday night. Stop by and support the nonprofit's effort to clean up our city's namesake river. Details and tickets here.
- Puppies on ice. It's the 17th Annual Wiener Dog Night at the Sioux Falls Stampede on Saturday. The game starts at 6 p.m., and there'll be a wiener dog race between periods. Tickets will likely sell out, but there are still some available here.
- Shop slow. Last Stop CD Shop is hosting a pop-up of local thrifters from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. You'll find stuff from Modstash Vintage, 605 Thrift, Bellaboo Threads and Aviena. Details here.
- Celebrate with the gal-entines. There are tons of "galentines" events this weekend, but I found a few for you to choose from. You can make perfume at Lupulin Brewing, party in a new place at Mode, take a lettering or flower workshop at Simply Perfect, and enjoy a pop-up shop at Buffalo Ridge Brewing.
- Don your flannels. It's "Flannel Fest" at Remedy Brewing Company on Saturday afternoon. Pull on your coziest flannel gear and enjoy a special beer release, live music and a "meat and greet" smoking competition. Details here.