We're taking a special Valentine's Day approach to events this week. Whether you're looking for something to do with your sweetheart, events to do with friends, or something to entertain the kids, here's a few lovable options this week.
- Save the date for frosty fun.* Catch three full days of fun during Brookings' Ninth Annual Frost Fest Friday, Feb. 17 through Sunday, Feb. 19. Activities include free snowshoe rental, an art market, a farmers market, a "Snow Ball" at the Children's Museum and more. Find the full details here.
- Eat and be entertained. Head to Falls Park Overlook Cafe for a four course dinner and adult focused skits, live music, choreographed routines and stand-up comedy. There's spots available on Friday and Saturday at 6:30 p.m. Details here.
- Animal fun(ky) facts. Learn some cool facts about animal mating, dating and copulating at the zoo on Saturday at 6 p.m. Adults only. Tickets and details here.
- Take a shopping spree. On Saturday and Sunday, join a galentines boutique crawl downtown to score some deals. Get a postcard stamped at each boutique to enter a giveaway. Details here.
- Party with the gals. Enjoy a flower bar, Mexican food, permanent jewelry, pet portraits and more at Buffalo Ridge Brewing Project on Saturday at 2 p.m. Details here.
- Light the flame. Ignite your romance or burn past loves with this class in fire tricks on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. Learn aerial arts and then add fire to the routine. A 30 minute session is $30. Details here.
- Party like a preschooler. Take your little ones to a preschool Valentine's Day party on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Enjoy crafts, story time and more. Registration and details here.
- Create a cookie. Frost cookies at Pomegranate Market for free on Tuesday at 3 p.m. Head to the bistro to join in. Details here.
*Denotes a paid event listing.