Whether you're looking for some self care or family fun, here's a few events around town this week to keep your February going strong.
- Find some frosty fun.* Catch three full days of fun during Brookings' Ninth Annual Frost Fest Friday, Feb. 17 through Sunday, Feb. 19. Activities include free snowshoe rental, an art market, a farmers market, a "Snow Ball" at the Children's Museum and more. Find the full details here.
- Short films for the Big Sioux. See some movies at the State Theatre on Thursday to support improvements for the Big Sioux River water quality. Cocktail hour and movie tickets are $30, and just the films is $10. Details and tickets here.
- Walk back in time. Tour an animatronic dinosaur exhibit at the fairgrounds between Friday and Sunday. There's excavations, raptor training, and lots of dinos. Tickets here.
- Plants and yoga. Try some yoga at the Oakridge Nursery greenhouse on Saturday a 9 a.m. Do some stretching then get a succulent for $10. Registration info here.
- Support Survivors. Bring donations or gift cards to Falls Overlook Cafe on Saturday at 11 a.m. to help victims of human trafficking and sexual exploitation. You can also support by entering the art raffle. Details here.
- Hear the wedding bells. The Sioux Empire Wedding Showcase is at the Denny Sanford Premier Center on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Find local vendors to help plan your big day. Tickets here.
*Denotes a paid event posting. Want to see your event listed? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.