Feeling some cabin fever after the blizzard? Here are some ideas to get you out of the house in the coming week.
- Shovel. Did you get more than a foot of snow on your car, sidewalk and driveway? Try shoveling. It's good exercise and literally your only option if you ever want to leave the house again.
- Frolic. The Parks and Recreation Department is hosting its 35th annual "Frosty Frolics" event this weekend (and with no shortage of snow for winter games). All events are free, unless otherwise noted, and families can join in for a nature stroll, fun run, snowman hunt, ice fishing and more. Full schedule and details here.
- Buy some cool local art. DaDa Gastropub is hosting a winter version of its popular summer "The Lot" event from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. this Friday. Various artists will have works on display/for sale, and all the proceeds go right into their pockets. More here.
- Catch a murder-y show. Midwest Murder is doing a live podcast starting at 7 p.m. Thursday at Severance Brewing. Must be 21+ to attend (and know that no morbid details will be spared). Tickets here.
- Go mentor somebody. January is National Mentoring Month, and the Downtown Rotary is celebrating with a kickoff 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Holiday Inn City Centre featuring Mayor Paul TenHaken, Jim Woster and Dana Dykhouse. Learn more about the Sioux52 mentoring initiative here.