There's a full slate of events happening in Sioux Falls this week. Check some of them out here, and don't miss your chance to say hi to Sioux Falls Simplified at the Falls Art Market on Saturday. (It's close to the Falls Park Farmer's Market, so grab your veggies and kombucha, and then come say hi).
- Take the family for a cruise. Hood Magazine's fourth annual Familyfest Fun Cruise kicks off at 9 a.m. Saturday. Visit businesses around town and find special activities, giveaways and raffles. Get a map and a list of participating locations here.
- Take yourself to the zoo. Leave the kids at home this time. The Great Plains Zoo is hosting an after-hours, 21+ event – Zoofari – starting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, July 27. Enjoy food trucks, beer and wine, lawn games and unique animal encounters. Plus, your ticket will help support the zoo's mission. Tickets here.
- Do something for the dogs. Severance Brewing Company is hosting a "Barket" dog-friendly pop-up shop from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Bring your pup, grab a beer and shop some local dog-friendly retailers. DeTAILS here (see what we did there?).
- Shop 'til you drop. It's "Crazy Days" downtown, which means lots of good deals from local businesses. Find a list of participating retailers (and some of the deals you'll find) here.
- Wish Brandon a happy birthday. It's the 50th birthday of the City of Brandon, and the celebrations run all weekend long. Check out a citywide scavenger hunt, a street dance, pickleball and more. Details here.
- Get folk-sy. Ten musical acts will compete for cash and a chance to perform at the Sioux River Folk Festival. The competition runs from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday at Calico Skies Vinyard and Winery. Details and tickets here.