Summer is in full swing now that we've hit June. Here's a few activities to kick off your month with music, food and fun.
- *Party like it's 1499. It's finally here! Check out the 22nd annual Siouxland Renaissance Festival. Experience the Renaissance era, viewed from Tudor England, in this family-friendly two-day event on June 3 and 4 at the W. H. Lyon Fairgrounds. More info and tickets available here.
- Reading kick-off. Start your summer reading on Friday by signing up your kiddo for the Siouxland Libraries summer reading program. Locations will have scavenger hunts, coloring and more activities to celebrate. Details here.
- Rock around the block. DTSF's June Eastbank Block Party is Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Stop by for music, food trucks and vendors. Details here.
- Family game night. Join Sioux Falls Pride at Game Chest on Friday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. for a pride-themed family game night. Pick from available games or bring your own. Details here.
- Dig up dinos. Head to the Washington Pavilion on Saturday for Dino Day and hands-on, dino-themed activities. Details here.
- Summer strut. The Crook's Community Day parade is this Saturday at 10:30 a.m. No registration is needed, just show off your talents in the summer-themed parade. Route and more details here.
- Get veggie with it. Check out the second annual Veg Fest starting at 10 a.m. Sunday at the Good Earth Farm near Lennox. Shop local vendors, learn about local sustainability-focused organizations and catch free classes on fermentation, building a sustainable wardrobe and yoga. Details here.