From playing detective to playing with animals, here's a roundup of local happenings this week.
- Zip over to the zoo. It's Zippity Zoo Day on Saturday, and the Great Plains Zoo is celebrating 60 years in Sioux Falls with inflatables, animal encounters, watermelon and more. Details and tickets here.
- Cheers to local beers. The annual 605 Summer Classic kicks off at noon on Saturday at 8th and Railroad. Sample craft beers from South Dakota breweries, hear live music and find food trucks. Details and tickets here.
- Support art and pollinators. BronzeAge Art Casting is hosting its monthly art market starting at 8:30 a.m. The market will also feature a yoga class at 9 a.m., a free Salsa dance lesson at 10:15 a.m. and a workshop about native plants, perennials and pollinators at 10:45 a.m. Details here.
- Take the fam to the farm. It's Family Farm Day at Stensland Family Farms starting at 9 a.m. Saturday. The farm is about a 15-minute drive from Sioux Falls in Larchwood, Iowa, and the event will include activities for kids, farm tours, and ice cream and cheese samples. Details here.
- Work on your night moves. Catch Night Moves with opener Sun Daze at Icon Lounge Saturday night. Tickets are $15 in advance and $18 at the door. Details here.
- Play detective downtown. More than a dozen boutiques and breweries downtown are teaming up for a scavenger hunt Saturday. Stop by any participating location to get your first clue, and start the hunt. Plus, join the after party at The Source starting at 5 p.m. for fun and prizes. Details here.