It's a busy weekend in Sioux Falls with no shortage of fun things to do. Here's a roundup of some of the events happening in the next week.
- Celebrate cultures. LSS and the Multi-Cultural Center's annual Festival of Cultures takes place starting 10 a.m. Saturday at the Levitt. See dancers, hear music, and eat food. I've also heard the volunteers are very cute (namely, my husband – editor's note: bias). Full schedule here.
- Celebrate pride. Sioux Falls Pride celebrations kick off with a parade 10 a.m. Saturday on Eighth Street downtown. Then head over to 8th and Railroad for the pride festival, and stick around for the after parties at Icon Lounge and Club David. Details here.
- Have some rosé. You've got two chances to find a rosé tasting this weekend. Head to Look's Marketplace from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, or check out M.B. Haskett's Rosé Extravaganza from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Rock the block. Local service organizations are teaming up to help with home repair projects and a community celebration in the Whittier neighborhood. Sign up here to help with a neighborhood revitalization project on Saturday. Or, stop by the Rock the Block party starting at 11 a.m. Sunday at the Union Gospel Mission. There's also an open mic.
- Recognize the Longest Day. The Longest Day is a free, family-friendly event at Lake Lorraine designed for people to learn more about Alzheimer’s, honor those who have battled the disease and celebrate caregivers. Activities start at 6 p.m. Thursday. Find a full schedule here.