Brace yourselves for the St. Patrick's day fun that'll follow this week. Sioux Falls is pretty quiet in preparation, but there's a few activities in the meantime.
- Strengthen your survival skills. Brush up on some skills to help you survive in the South Dakota wilderness at the Outdoor Campus on Saturday. Classes are at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Details here.
- Shake your shamrocks. Head to the El Riad Shrine Shamrock Ball on Friday at 6:45 p.m. for dance lessons, followed by music from The Kickin' Brass Band at 7:30 p.m. Details here.
- Spin some yarn. Join other fiber artists and crochet, knit or needle work with a group at the Old Courthouse Museum on Sunday. You can meet up with other artists between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Details here.
- It's a public affair. The 26th Boe Forum is on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. Hear from former prime minister of Norway and director-general of the World Health Organization Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland on sustainability. Tickets here.
- Sing 'loverly.' Prep your best Cockney accent and catch "My Fair Lady" at the Washington Pavilion this weekend. Tickets here.