- Learn from the underwear pros. Tommy John Co-Founders Tom Patterson (a Milbank, S.D. native) and Erin Fujimoto will kick off the first-ever Innovation Conversations event hosted by the South Dakota State University Ness School of Management and Economics. The free event starts at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 8. at the Orpheum Theater.
- It's the Great Pumpkin (Roll)! Done with your pumpkins for the year? Why not roll them down a big hill? The city parks and rec department is hosting the inaugural "Great Pumpkin Roll" starting at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Tuthill Park. Prizes will be awarded the fastest, slowest, farthest and shortest-moving pumpkins.
- Learn some mental health history. The Keepers of the Canton Asylum Story will tell the history of the Hiawatha Asylum that once operated in Canton. Come and learn from 7 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 9 at Good Earth State Park. Details here.
- Drink good coffee. Sample coffee from more than a dozen vendors at the Dakota Coffee Festival on Saturday. A $20 ticket gets you coffee samples, and proceeds benefit OffGridBox, an organization that provides clean water to remote areas all over the world, including countries that are among the top exporters of coffee. Tickets here.
- Support regional artists. The 42nd Annual Artists of the Plains show runs Friday through Sunday at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown. It's free to attend – details here.
- Talk future pools. There are a few community events this week to talk about the future of Kuehn Park and Frank Olson pools – including discussion of indoor recreation facilities.
Subscribe to Sioux Falls Simplified
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox