Here's a look at what's going on this week in Sioux Falls:
- Get spooked (science version). It's Spooky Science day at the Washington Pavilion on Saturday. Dissect gummy worms, experiment with oozing pumpkins and take home a bag of Halloween candy. Details here.
- Get spooked (aquarium version). It's Spooky Seas at the Butterfly House and Aquarium from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Find crafts, sweets and a special appearance by The Little Mermaid. Details here.
- Snag your ski pass. Great Bear Ski Valley is hosting its annual preseason sale this weekend at OctoBEARfest. Get discounted season passes, and you can ride the chairlift to the top of the hill to see the fall colors. Details here.
- Get your marketing frustrations heard. Are you a marketer with some big frustrations? Or a business owner who struggles to market yourself? This conference is for you. The I Hate Marketing Conference takes place Thursday, Oct. 26 at the El Riad Shrine. Details and tickets here.
- Support startups. Business owners will present their business ideas during Startup Pitch Night from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 24 at the Startup Sioux Falls building downtown, and you get to help choose who wins $1,000. Details and tickets here.
- Paint the plow. The city is hosting its 14th annual Paint the Plow event from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Levitt at the Falls. Details here.