It's Halloweekend! Here's a look at where to find fun from spooks to comedy to rapping to family-friendly events.
- Trick or treat. There are way more trick-or-treating events than I could round up here, but you can find trick or treating at Western Mall Saturday, downtown on Sunday, at the Big Sioux Rec Area on Saturday, and at the Empire Mall on Tuesday.
- Paint pumpkins. Severance Brewing is hosting a "Pints and Painting" event starting at 2 p.m. Saturday where you can enjoy a beer and paint a pumpkin with a chance to win a Severance gift card.
- Walk with zombies. Get all done up undead-style and walk with zombies and the Sioux Falls Roller Dollz during the Zombie Walk starting at 4 p.m. Saturday. Makeup starts at noon. More details here.
- Spit spooky rhymes. It's the 12th annual Halloween Rap Karaoke event starting 9 p.m. Friday at Pave. Sign up to show off your skills by emailing your song selection to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [Insert clever improvised line here.] Improv Falls is hosting a halloween special Friday night at Icon Lounge. It's a night of comedy that promises to be "spooktacular." Details here.
- Go full emo. Icon Lounge is hosting a Halloween edition of its Emo Night with a live set of emo cover songs from Shock Value. Tickets and details here.
- Party at the Perry Mansion. What better setting for a halloween party than a 100+ year old house? Enjoy food, drinks, tarot card readings, henna tattoos and history during the Halloween party starting 7 p.m. Saturday. Details here.
- Sip some cider. Not up for spooks? You can enjoy live music (via stringed instruments) and hard cider at Calico Skies Vinyard's Cider and Strings event starting 11 a.m. Sunday. Details here.