- Light the Night.* The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society invites you to attend the 5th annual South Dakota Light the Night event at Falls Park, Sioux Falls, SD on Saturday, Sept. 30. Celebrate, honor, and remember those touched by cancer and enjoy an evening of family-friendly activities, food trucks, kids zone, and music along with an inspirational ceremony and a short walk with illuminated, meaningful lanterns held high. Plus, the evening ends with fireworks! More details here.
- Sock the Block. It's a block party on East 12th Street this Saturday. Catch Headlights Theater, Let's Skate and some of the chillest vibes in town at The Breaks, Common Sense, Total Drag and Green Dream. Oh, and bring some socks to benefit the VA. Details here.
- Whiskey with wild animals. Whiskey Fest is happening Friday night at the Great Plains Zoo. Sample from a selection of 70 different types of whiskey, with a portion of proceeds benefiting the Red Wolf exhibit. Details here.
- Touch base. It's the first-ever "Let's Touch Base: Yoga and Market" on the Canaries baseball field. Take a goat yoga class and shop a number of different local vendors. Tickets here.
- Get in some girl talk. Barre3 and Selah Space are teaming up for an event to help you better connect with your body and stop dreading your period every month. You'll learn how to embrace, celebrate, and take advantage of the brilliant way your body moves through each month. Details here.
- Celebrate Oktoberfest. It's Oktoberfest at Remedy on Saturday with stein holding, live music, german food and, of course, beer. Festivities start at noon. Details here.
*Denotes a sponsored event post.