Go green! There are tons of events happening both in and out of downtown this weekend to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Here's a look at what's happening:
- Hit the bars. Virtually every bar in town has some sort of St. Patrick's Day special, from half-price green beers at Severance to live music at Monks to Celtic dancers at Remedy to a whiskey-themed bus ride from McNally's Pub.
- Paint the shamrock. The traditional painting of the shamrock will start at 11 a.m. Saturday in front of Mrs. Murphy's Irish Gifts downtown.
- Catch the parade. The annual St. Patrick's Day parade is set to start at 2 p.m. and run down Phillips Avenue from 13th Street to Fourth Street. Route details here.
- Make your own pot of gold. Juniper Apothecary is hosting an event from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in which you can make your own "pot of gold" bath bomb for $7. Details here.
- Celebrate with puppies. Primp Boutique is hosting a "Paws of Gold" event where you can meet some of the pups up for adoption from Almost Home Canine Rescue. (And, bonus, 10% of proceeds go to support the nonprofit). Details here.