Happy Tuesday! Megan here.
I know I said I'd only be in your inbox once this week, but I also know if you're anything like me, you were already in "long weekend mode" when Friday's email hit.
That said, I wanted to remind you about the Sioux Falls Simplified and Startup Sioux Falls food drive happening this week at the Startup Sioux Falls building downtown.
Why a food drive?
You may have seen this story last week, but the tl;dr version is that Feeding South Dakota is seeing fewer donations and higher need.
It seemed like a no brainer to make donating nice and simple for you.
Tell me more
The food drive will run from Tuesday, Sept. 5 to Friday, Sept. 8.
- Or, if you're a Startup Sioux Falls co-working member, you can donate anytime from now until Sept. 8.
You can drop off donations at Startup Sioux Falls, located at 100 E. Sixth St.
- Bring donations to Startup Sioux Falls between 8-5 pm Tuesday through Friday. Enter at the public entrance on Phillips Ave.
If you donate Wednesday morning during the first-ever Startup Sunrise event, you'll be entered to win prizes. Keep reading to learn more.
Ooo, how can I win prizes?
You can win prizes if you bring your donation to the first-ever Startup Sunrise event, a new monthly gathering of area founders and innovators.
- The event will take place from 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6 at Startup Sioux Falls.
If you bring a food donation to Startup Sunrise, you'll be entered to win:
- A Sioux Falls Simplified tote bag,
- Sioux Falls Simplified stickers,
- Startup Sioux Falls branded socks,
- Two tickets to the first Live & Local performance at the Washington Pavilion.
What kind of food should I bring?
These are the types of foods most needed, according to Feeding South Dakota:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Whole Grain Cereals (hot & cold)
- Boxed Meals (i.e. hamburger, chicken & tuna helpers)
- Canned Chicken & Tuna in Water
- Low Sodium and/or Low Sugar Canned Pasta and Sauces
- Whole Wheat Dry Pasta and Whole Grain Rice
- Low Sodium Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruits in Lite Syrup
- Low Sodium/Lite Soups and Stews
Do not bring (for safety reasons):
- Opened product
- Glass containers
- Homemade items
- Baby food
I'd rather give money than food
That's an option.
You can donate to Feeding South Dakota here.