This is a paid piece from Silverstar Car Wash.
Simplified: Silverstar Car Wash focused on raising money and food donations for Feeding South Dakota during the month of October, and there's still time to give at any location until Nov. 8.
Why it matters
- The pandemic dramatically increased food insecurity in the state, and Feeding South Dakota is still seeing an elevated demand, said spokeswoman Jennifer Stensaas.
- Feeding South Dakota has also seen a big change in how it helps get food to the people who need it. The nonprofit went from using food pantries to bringing food directly to neighborhoods.
- Fundraising efforts like what Silverstar is doing are what help the nonprofit keep South Dakotans fed.
"We've just been constantly amazed by the generosity of Sioux Falls and the surrounding areas," Stensaas said.
How can I help?
If you went to Silverstar's Haunted Car Wash last week, you've already helped. A portion of proceeds from the wash will go to Feeding South Dakota, and last year the event raised $3,200.
If you're still looking to help, you can drop off nonperishable food items at any of the eight Silverstar lo0cations in Sioux Falls:
- 85th Street and Minnesota Avenue
- 69th Street and Louise Avenue
- West 57th Street and Marion Avenue
- 26th Street and Marion Avenue
- 41st Street and Grange Avenue
- East 57th Street and Graystone Avenue
- 26th Street and Sycamore Avneue
- East 10th Street and Bahnson Avenue
"We all have a duty to serve others, and our haunted wash is a great opportunity to bring some joy to our customers while also giving back," said Andrea Vetos, regional manager for Silverstar. "By partnering with Feeding South Dakota, together we can help families struggling with food insecurity and make a positive impact on the lives of our neighbors