This is a paid piece from Selah Space.
Simplified: The energy healing benefits of reiki can also help you in your relationship. Here's what you need to know about couples reiki at Selah Space.
Why it matters
- Selah Space Owner Jada Dobesh uses reiki as a tool to help you connect with how your emotional experiences are showing up within your body so you can work toward finding peace and balance.
- Couples reiki allows partners to experience that connection together, bringing a deeper level of closeness.
"There is a profound level of communication that’s able to be enhanced in your marriage or your partnership when you’re starting at the soul level, and words don't get in the way," said Gina Hollister, a reiki client of Dobesh's who has done couples reiki with her husband, Paul Hollister.
Hear it from someone who knows
Gina and Paul Hollister had both tried individual reiki sessions as part of their fertility journey.
- For Gina, it started as a way to find healing for her whole being rather than just focusing on the physical.
- For Paul, it was a way to be open and supportive to this type of healing.
"I like to think of myself as a supportive husband," he said. "It was definitely outside of my normal comfort zone to think of reiki for myself, but it ended up being eye-opening."
When Dobesh suggested a couples reiki session, they were both on board.
The couples session was, in many ways, like an individual reiki session, they said, but both agreed they felt an enhanced closeness.
"You have no walls up," Gina said. "We were placed next to each other, able to hold hands. It was extremely comfortable."
What does a reiki session look like?
It'll vary from person to person, but here's a run-down of what to expect at Selah Space:
- Laying down in a quiet room with calm music playing
- Essential oils and crystals
- Burning sage
- Laying of hands on your body starting at the head as Dobesh prays over you
- Conversations before and after to discuss how you're feeling, what areas you want to focus on and your reactions after the practice.