This is a paid piece from Great Bear Ski Valley.
Simplified: Winter weather doesn't have to just be tolerated – it can be celebrated. That's the philosophy Great Bear Ski Valley is bringing to its already record-breaking season. Here's what you need to know.
Why it matters
- Great Bear has seen its number of season pass holders more than double over the last five years, with more than 1,600 people buying passes before there was even snow on the slopes this year.
- There's a common misconception that skiing and snowboarding are sports that only wealthy people can participate in, Director of Communications Alexa Jerstad said. But Great Bear has a number of promotions to make winter sports accessible for everyone.
- Great Bear also offers ski and snowboarding lessons, as well as an adaptive program to help people of all physical abilities experience the slopes.
"Humans were never meant to hibernate," Jerstad said. "We want to encourage people to embrace the winter, bundle up and find outdoor fun at Great Bear that they can enjoy with the whole family."
Tell me more about available deals
Here's a look at some of the various promotions Great Bear offers:
- Monday Madness: Get half-price lift tickets and ski or snowboard rentals from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Mondays.
- Tubing Tuesday: Tubing tickets are half-price – only $8 – from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesdays. Kids must be at least 42 inches tall to tube.
- College ID nights: College students can get a $20 lift ticket or a $10 tubing ticket every Tuesday through Thursday and Saturdays after 5 p.m. if you show your college ID.
- Sanford Health staff: Sanford Health staff and Wellness Center members can get a season pass for 15% off, as well as buy one, get one lift tickets, rental equipment and tubing tickets Monday through Friday.
- Military discount: Veterans, active military and first responders can receive 15% off lift tickets and rental equipment, as well as 15% off a season pass.
- Fifth Grade Days: For only $10, fifth graders can get a lift ticket, helmet and ski or snowboard rentals during the afternoons on Tuesdays and Fridays each week. There are also lessons available. Find more details here.
What are other ways to find winter fun?
Great Bear has an adult ski and snowboard race league that welcomes folks of all skill levels to compete on a slalom race course.
- They meet weekly on Wednesday nights, and league members can also get 15% off a season pass.
- Want to join? Email John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great Bear also encourages women and all gender-expansive people to come out and experience skiing and snowboarding – both of which can be male-dominated sports.
- The Womxn of Winter program meets on Thursdays during the season. The program is run in partnership with Spoke 'N Sport, and each week participants get to try an outdoor-oriented winter activity.
- Want to join? Email Alexa at email@example.com
Anything else to know before I go?
You can find daily hours, lift tickets and trail conditions on the Great Bear website.
You can also click here to find more details on specific promotions.