Here's a look at what's happening in Sioux Falls this week:
- Talk pools. The City of Sioux Falls is hosting a public input session where community members can weigh in on ongoing plans for a new outdoor pool on the south side of town near Harrisburg's Freshman Academy. The event takes place 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at the freshman academy. More info here.
- Talk education. Join the Community Revitalization Coalition at 10 a.m. Saturday for a Quality of Life Forum on education. The forum encourages collaboration and problem-solving in a family-friendly environment. Get the details here.
- Take a candlelit hike. Hop over the Minnesota border Saturday evening for a candlelit hike at Blue Mounds State Park. Enjoy a self-paced hike along a path lit by hundreds of luminaries starting at the picnic shelter, and warm up with some hot cocoa in the park shelter. Details here.
- Drink in space. The Washington Pavilion is hosting an adults-only "Cosmos and Cocktails" event to give grown ups a chance to enjoy the Kirby Science Discovery Center and the newly renovated Sweetman Planetarium. There'll also be cocktails, including "Galaxy Lemonade." Tickets and more details here.
- Meet puppies. Covert Artisan Ales is teaming up with the Rescue Network to host a puppy meet and greet event Saturday afternoon starting at 2 p.m. There won't be same-day adoptions, but you can go meet adoptable pups and start the process. Details here.
- Try lots of taps. It's a tap-stravaganza (sorry) at the Convention Center on Saturday for this year's Sioux Empire on Tap event. Sample 80+ beers, seltzers, and ciders, and enjoy some live music. Details here.
- Support Emily's Hope. The nonprofit Emily's Hope – which is dedicated to stopping the stigma around addiction and preventing overdose deaths – is hosting an art show and auction Saturday evening at Monick Yards. Find event details, and an option to donate, here.