This is a paid piece from the Sioux Falls Sunfish.
Simplified: Sioux Falls baseball fans have another option to catch live games this summer with a new collegiate team, the Sunfish.
Tell me more
The Sunfish is a new summer collegiate baseball team and part of the Expedition League, which includes a dozen teams from the Dakotas, Montana, Idaho, Nebraska, Wyoming and Canada.
Why it matters
- The Sunfish is made up of 32 players from across the country, including four players from Augustana with local ties to Sioux Falls.
- The team also has seven interns and three coaches, including Head Coach Walker Bullington.
- The Sunfish will play more than 30 home games at Karras Park on Augustana University's campus this summer. The goal is to provide not only an outlet for college ball players in the summer months, but it's also to give Sioux Falls-area residents another option for entertainment.
"We are all about fun," General Manager Nick Moen said. "We want these games to be an option for people in Sioux Falls to relax, enjoy the summer weather and take in America's favorite pastime."
What to know about games:
- The Sunfish have their home opener at 6:35 p.m. Friday, June 4. They play division opponent the Pierre Trappers.
- Doors open one hour before game time.
- Tickets start at $8 for general admission, $12 for reserved seating and $15 for premium reserved seating behind home plate.
- You can also get game flex packs, which include 10 tickets that can be used at any home game at any increment starting at $70.
- VIP tables are sold for each game for $180 each for a four-top, $90 each for a 2-top or $45 per seat. That includes all-you-can-eat concessions – including beer and soda – until the end of the 6th inning and wait service for the whole game.
- Tickets also include admission to the beer garden down the third baseline.