This is a paid piece from Midco.
Simplified: Midco received a J.D. Power award naming them best customer satisfaction for residential internet service in the West region.
Why it matters
- The J.D. Power Awards are given only to the highest-performing companies, according to the consumer insights company.
- This is the first year Midco has been eligible for a J.D. Power award, and the company was awarded as the top in Customer Satisfaction for Residential Internet Service in the West Region.
- The award recognizes the consistency and dedication to customer experience Midco has been working toward for years, said Cory Limberg, vice president of customer experience.
"Midco is an extremely humble company," he said. "This is a great opportunity for team members to take a step back and be recognized, not only for the great work they're doing right now, but what they've been doing."
What are some of the specifics behind the award?
Along with overall customer satisfaction for internet services, Midco was recognized across several performance categories including, Performance & Reliability of service, Communications & Promotions, Billing & Payments, and Customer Service.
"If we say we're going to do it, we're going to do it," Limberg said. "And we're going to do it right the first time."
What sets Midco apart?
Midco employees at all levels and in all jobs keep the customer experience in mind using four basic principles, Limberg said.
- Think about how the work done is building trust and transparency with customers.
- Be proactive in fixing things before they're broken.
- Keep the customer experience personalized. It should feel like they're working with a real person, even if they're taking care of services entirely online.
- Delight customers.
"How do you make Midco customers love Midco when they least expect it?" Limberg said.
What happens next?
The goal, Limberg said, is to never let the grass grow under our feet.
The future of customer satisfaction at Midco will involve meeting customers where they are, whether that's in-person at retail stores, virtually on social media or on the Midco website.
"We're excited to continue to innovate for our customers and employees because we have that strong foundation," Limberg said.
For J.D. Power 2021 award information, visit jdpower.com/awards.