This is a paid piece from the Sioux Metro Growth Alliance
Simplified: A longtime economic development nonprofit has a new look and a new name. But the mission of bringing more businesses, more people and more money to Sioux Falls-area communities remains the same.
Tell me more.
You may have heard of the Lincoln County Economic Development Association and Minnehaha County Economic Development Association (LCEDA/MCEDA, for short).
Now, those two groups are united under one name: the Sioux Metro Growth Alliance.
"For years we've been a background force in helping sustain and bring new businesses to the region," Executive Director Jesse Fonkert said. "Now, as the Sioux Metro Growth Alliance, we're aiming to be more proactive in supporting the economic growth in the communities around Sioux Falls."
Why it matters:
- Sometimes, one is better than two. As one unified organization, the Sioux Metro Growth Alliance can streamline its services to both Lincoln and Minnehaha County.
- That'll make it easier to support existing businesses, bring in new ones and, at the end of the day, bring more money to these towns.
- If you're a small town mayor, developer, business owner or someone who supports any of those people in the Sioux Falls area, you'll want to get to know this group.
What has the organization done?
A lot. It's been around for 30 years.
Some projects SMGA has helped with that you might recognize include:
- Sioux Steel in Lennox
- Corson Industrial Park in Brandon
- Central States Manufacturing in Hartford
- Adams Thermal Systems in Canton
- Assisting in forming local economic development groups in multiple area communities,
- And, of course, telling the stories of the region as a way to raise awareness of opportunities available.
You can learn more about the history of the Lincoln and Minnehaha County Economic Development Associations here.
How can I connect with the Sioux Metro Growth Alliance?
Follow them on Facebook to see their latest news and projects. You can also reach out at email@example.com or call 605-339-0103.