This is a paid piece from Sioux Empire United Way.
Simplified: It takes as little as $5 to make a big difference in the lives of children, vulnerable adults, and people in crisis. Here's how you can help dozens of Sioux Empire nonprofits with your support of Sioux Empire United Way's 2024 fundraising campaign.
Why it matters
- A gift to Sioux Empire United Way (SEUW) supports 1 in 3 people in our community, and donated funds impact 75 different programs in the area. This year's theme is "Funded by the United Way, Thanks to You," intended to thank the donors who ensure the success of all of these organizations.
- That includes programs like Ready to Start, a five-week program for children who need additional services to get ready for kindergarten, as well as Active Generations Céilí Cottage Adult Day Services, which offers a new approach to dementia care.
- Volunteers with SEUW spend more than 1,000 hours each year reviewing funding requests and tracking program outcomes to ensure your donations are used efficiently and effectively.
"We play an important role in making sure that our community is thriving and that people are receiving the resources that they need to be successful," Chief Operations Officer Christina Riss said. "You can be confident your donation is going to a need in the community."
Tell me more about Campaign Kickoff Week
There are easy ways to support United Way throughout the week and score fun treats from custom donuts to free coffee to a special SEUW Brew. Here's a breakdown:
- Start your day Monday with a free drink from Scooter's Coffee, sponsored by First PREMIER Bank/PREMIERBankcard and Scooters Coffee. Free drinks start at 6am at all Sioux Empire locations (Sioux Falls, Brandon, and Tea). Drinks available until supplies run out. Limit one free drink of any type/size per transaction.
- Tuesday is agency appreciation day, in which SEUW board members, staff and volunteers will surprise partner agencies with Flyboy Donuts. You can also get a special SEUW dozen donuts and coffee blend from Flyboy Donuts, with a portion of proceeds being donated to SEUW. Visit flyboydonuts.com to get yours today.
- A bus tour on Wednesday will show the work of your donations in action. Tour three agencies serving children, vulnerable adults, and people in crisis: Active Generations, Furniture Mission, and Boys & Girls Club of the Sioux Empire.
- Give a toast to the campaign launch with a special SEUW Brew (pronounced "Sioux Brew") from Severance Brewing Co. on Thursday. Come out to the launch party at Severance from 4-7 pm and try this delicious and exclusive American Cream Ale. The first 50 attendees will receive a commemorative SEUW Brew glass, and a portion of proceeds will benefit SEUW. If you can’t attend the launch, you can still enjoy the SEUW Brew in the Severance taproom while supplies last or purchase at select local retailers.
- Enjoy a free lunch on Friday from SEUW and sponsor First Interstate Bank hosted from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Paladino Hohm Sculpture Garden on the north side of the Washington Pavilion. The walking taco bar is open to everyone.
- Give back gear on Saturday at a community gear drive in partnership with SCHEELS. Visit the SEUW booth at SCHEELS on Saturday and drop off or purchase items at the store. Items needed include board games, playground/sports balls, outdoor activities, hula hoops, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, toys (youth-school age), legos, fidget toys, colored duct tape, books, puzzles, cars, outside toys, and arts & craft supplies. All donated items must be new. Donations will benefit SEUW-funded youth-focused programs.
Tell me more about the campaign
You can hear directly from some of the impacted organizations here:
How can I help make an impact?
Donate here. (And encourage others you know in the Sioux Empire to do the same.)