Simplified: Sioux Falls Simplified is here to encourage you to keep your spending close to home this holiday season. Here's what you need to know about our new, one-of-a-kind local gift guide – and how you can help it come to life.
Tell me more
Sure, there are a million gift guides out there, but most of those guides have nothing to do with Sioux Falls. Only locals like you know where to score the perfect host gift for Thanksgiving AND support small, local businesses in the process.
- Enter the interactive Simplified Gift Guide.
Why it matters
- Supporting local businesses supports the people who live and work in our community. When you buy from a small, Sioux Falls business, more of the money you spend stays in the community than when you order from a large, national retailer.
- Not only that, but by shopping local, you're more likely to find one-of-a-kind gifts, as well as the expertise from shop owners about how to choose what's best for your unique gifting situation.
- And, because it never hurts to do a little self-gifting, by sharing your gift ideas in the Simplified Gift Guide, you'll also be entered to win a giveaway for a Downtown Sioux Falls gift card.
How will it work?
I'm asking you to share the cool things you find locally using this form.
- Did you buy your mom a nice scarf at a downtown boutique? Share it.
- Find the perfect gift for your spouse at a local hardware shop? Share it.
- Snagged a great deal on holiday jammies for the kids? Share, share share.
But I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone!
Of course not! I don't either.
- I'll get your information about the gifts through the secure form, take out any personally identifying information and share the helpful gift ideas in an interactive map without spoiling any surprises.
- Your name and contact info will only be collected for purposes of entering the giveaway. The more items you submit to the gift guide, the more likely you are to win the giveaway.
Anything else I need to know?
The more information about the gift you can share, the more helpful your entry will be.
Here are some things to think about while you're submitting to the gift guide:
- Do I have a photo?
- How much did this gift cost?
- Where did I buy it?
- Who might enjoy a gift like this (besides the person I bought it for)?
Also, I want to invite business owners to submit their products to the gift guide, too. Help us help you this season.