The Sioux Empire Fair kicks off this weekend, and there are lots of other fun outdoor (and indoor) events to be found. Here's a look:
- Go to the fair. The Sioux Empire Fair kicks off today with Old Dominion on the grandstand. See what's going on each day of the fair with a detailed schedule here.
- Cheers to beer-thdays. Severance Brewing is celebrating its third birthday this weekend with a new beer, food trucks and donuts. And, over in Valley Springs, A Homestead Brew is marking five years in business with live music and the Salas Salsas food truck.
- Watch the dock dogs. Scheels' hunting expo is back this weekend with deals on gear, but if you, like me, aren't that into hunting but love dogs, you can go watch the dog dock diving competition. It's dogs jumping really far into a big pool – dare you to not be entertained.
- Update your closet. Dress for Success is hosting a summer closet sale Friday and Saturday at EmBe downtown. Update your wardrobe while supporting women in the community. Details here.
- Sip some goodness. The annual Taste the Goodness fundraiser takes place 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday downtown. Funds raised will benefit the Bishop Dudley Hospitality House. Details here.
- Do some camp cooking. Local Dutch oven cooking enthusiast Ken Cunningham will be teaching a class on how to cook with a Dutch oven in the picnic shelter at the Big Sioux Recreation Area. Class starts at 6 p.m. Details here.