It's the last week of February and while the snow might hinder some of your plans, there's a few things to do this week to get you out of the house.
- It's 5 o'clock somewhere. There's a day for everything, and that includes margaritas. Celebrate "National Margarita Day" on Wednesday and dream of a warm and sunny place. And while you're at it, get a head start on National Banana Bread Day, which is Thursday.
- Support social services. Attend a domestic violence awareness forum at Augustana on Thursday at 5 p.m. Learn from some local service providers and hear from a bestselling author. Details here.
- Find some freebies. This Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Dawley Farm Village, you can snag a bag of freebies and coupons to shop the area. A list of participating business and more details are here.
- Put your puzzle skills to the test. Gather a group of friends and be the first to complete a puzzle at Buffalo Ridge Brewing Project to win a gift card and swag. Details here.
- Train a brewery buddy. Severance Brewing and Tenacious Dog Training are hosting a three week dog training course starting on Sunday to help your pup be the most well-behaved friend in the brewery. Details and registration here.