From fashion shows to farmers markets, here's a look at some stuff to do in Sioux Falls this week:
- Support diversity in fashion. Last week, I introduced you to a new nonprofit, Rare by Design, which is hoping to use fashion to start conversations about inclusion for people with disabilities and rare diseases. Its first event is this Friday. More information here.
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Three words: Chihuahua. Fashion. Show. Oh, and if you (like me) have been singing the "Encanto" soundtrack on repeat, I hear Mirabel will also be making an appearance. The celebration runs 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (fashion show is at 3:30 p.m.) Saturday at Falls Park.
- Support local makers. What better way to round out Small Business Week than supporting some local businesses? Swing by the Convolo from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday for the "Hello May Market" spring pop-up shop with five local makers.
- The ideal wine pairing? Art. The spring Art and Wine Walk is 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday downtown. Local artists will show their work at 31 downtown locations, and wine sampling punch cards are $25. Check the full list here.
- Go to the Falls Park farmer's market. It's back! Grab some produce, some flowers, some coffee, some kombucha, some locally crafted goods. Or just walk around and enjoy the feeling that summer is right around the corner.
- Snag a half-price movie ticket. Lloyd Companies is sponsoring half-priced tickets Friday evening at the State Theater (and every First Friday this summer). This week's show is "La La Land." Tickets available here.
- Cheer on runners. The annual Avera Race against cancer is Saturday morning. Check out the route here, and go out and cheer on the runners.