It's another busy summer week! Find some ways to get outside, get a cool treat or find a little zen.
- Get your garden on. SDSU Extension Master Gardener Suzi Scholtz will be out at her gardening plot to share her many methods of home gardening. Catch the informational on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Details here.
- Let's talk about it. The We Can Movement is hosting a free discussion about mental health in partnership with Wake clothing brand. Stop by Van Art Studios on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. to join the conversation, but don't forget to reserve your spot here.
- Make ice cream matter. Thursday is Miracle Treat Day at Dairy Queen. Buy a blizzard and part of the sale will go towards Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Details here.
- Meditate together. If you've never heard of or tried Himalayan singing bowl meditation, give it a go on Thursday at the Japanese Gardens. A Tibetan Temple Sounds instructor will lead a group through meditation at 7 p.m. Details here.
- Join the book brigade. From 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, Siouxland Libraries is inviting people to "invade" Tuthill park with reading. Bring something to read and enjoy a public space with other bookworms. Details here.
- Drink for the dogs. The B-Sqaud Dog Rescue is hosting a "pup crawl" on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Registration will include your dontation to the rescue and some fun merch. Check out the list of breweries on the list and register here.
- It's state nosh time. The annual chislic festival is this Saturday at the Freeman Prairie Arboretum. From 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., enjoy live music, games, and all the chislic you can eat. Details here.
- Party on Phillips. Celebrate the national "night out" at the block party on Tuesday at 6 p.m. Head to Lyon Park for a produce swap, potluck, the Siouxland Book Mobile and more. Details here.