There's no shortage of weekend events in Sioux Falls this week. From Juneteenth celebrations to the 605 Summer Classic to the Peach Festival, here's a roundup of what's happening:
- Celebrate freedom. The Sioux Falls Juneteenth festival is this Saturday at Kenny Anderson Park from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be music, fashion, food, fun and more. Details here.
- See some art. The monthly art market near Falls Park is this Saturday at BronzeAge Art Casting from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Maybe buy some pottery while you're there and support local artists. Details here.
- Drink and dance, 605 style. The annual 605 Summer Classic festival is this Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. Tickets are $10 for entry of $40 for unlimited drinks. More details and ticket sales here.
- Keep pride going. Order a pint for pride at Lupulin Brewing on Thursday and have $1 donated to Sioux Falls Pride. If you're drinking anyway it might as well be for a good cause. Details here.
- Combine boxing with food. Catch some amateur boxing on Saturday from 3:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. while you dine on a new Sioux Falls food truck, Salsas Salsas. Head to the Coliseum on Saturday for some friendly fighting fun. Tickets are $5 for students and $15 for adults. Catch the lineup here.
- Get sweeter than a peach. Head to the South Dakota Peach Festival this weekend on 33rd and Minnesota Avenue. There will be peaches, food, games, activities, inflatables and the world's largest peach cobbler. Details here.
- Learn Sioux Falls 101. The Young Professionals Network is hosting an "Intro Sioux Falls" event from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at Great Shots to help newcomers connect with their community. (Oh, and if you're new in town, have you checked out the Simplified Welcome Guide? Don't miss it!)