Happy Fourth of July weekend! If you're not up for celebrating (or if you need even more to do), here's some other things you can do this week in Sioux Falls.
- A short walk to water. You can tour the new water reclamation plant in Harrisburg on Thursday at 11 a.m. or Friday at 2 p.m. Make sure you RSVP to (605) 767-5078. More info about the facility here.
- Walk and talk history. Join the historic Phillips Avenue walking tour on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. with the Siouxland Heritage Museums. Call ahead to register and pay the $5 tour fee. Details here.
- Shop, drink and dance into the weekend. DTSF's next First Friday is this week — enjoy happy hour, movies, music and more. Details here.
- Party around the block. Friday's also the Eastbank block party. Enjoy SDSU Ice cream and other foods trucks. Headliner Dayna Jones will take the stage at the 8th and railroad boardwalk. Details here.
- Cast a line. Head to Family Park for a no-cost fishing course on Saturday at 9 a.m. with South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks Outdoor Campus and Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation. Details here.
- Sip some soda. SoDak Soda Bar is opening at 11 am on Saturday. Stop by the new store at 85th and Western to try some soda creations and combinations. Here's some info on the new desert stop.