The fireworks are definitely top of mind for folks, but there's plenty more to do in town over the next week. Here's a roundup:
- Go fishin'. The Outdoor Campus is hosting a "Super Saturday Fishing" event from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. Learn the basics of fishing in an open-house style program. Details here.
- Grab lunch and live music. Dakota News Now's weekly Fridays on the Plaza will feature musician Geoff Gunderson and five different local food trucks. Details here.
- To-may-to, to-mah-to. However you say it, there are so many different kinds of tomatoes you can grow in your garden. Master Gardener Jerry Mills will be sharing tips on how to choose the right tomatoes for your garden and care for them. The class starts at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets available here.
- Awww, shucks. Carpenter Bar is hosting oyster night on Friday. Shucking starts at 4 p.m. at the downtown cocktail bar. More details here.
- Break some ground. The Glory House is breaking ground on its apartment expansion on Thursday that'll bring an additional 51 apartments for low-income folks. You can find more background on the project here. And get event details here.
- Good food, good music, Good Earth. Good Earth State Park is hosting the next event in its summer concert series starting at 4 p.m. Sunday. Find live music from Tom Watson, food from Chubby's food truck and the hiking trails and views of the park. Details here.