'Tis the season for more outdoor activities. Check out this week's event guide, which includes everything from planting trees to live music to an outdoor yoga class.
- Plant trees. Sioux Empire United Way's Emerging Leaders group is teaming up with the Parks & Rec department to plant trees from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday at Cherry Rock Park. Happy hour to follow – sign up here.
- Bake bread. The Mary Jo Wegner Arboretum is hosting a sourdough bread making class Wednesday (today) from 10 a.m. to noon. Details and sign-up here.
- Do yoga outside (because it's warm now!). Prana Sioux Falls is hosting a donation-based yoga class benefitting the Foundation for Suicide Prevention and Awareness. Class starts at 9:30 a.m. by the Arc of Dreams (and this event will continue weekly throughout the summer.) More info here.
- See some art. The Ipso Gallery at Fresh Produce is hosting a reception for a new exhibit, "Soft Goods." The event runs 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, and the art will be on display through July. Details here.
- Hear some music. There are lots of options for live music this weekend, including (but not limited to) musicians at DaDa Gastropub, PAve, Covert Artisan Ales and the Falls Park Farmer's Market.
- Support Indigenous artists. Good Earth State Park is hosting an "Indigenous Artists of the Prairie" event from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Artists, musicians and more will share their talents, and there will be a food truck on site. Learn more.