- Fish and hike for free. It's free fishing weekend at all of the state parks in South Dakota – which means no license is required to fish (but regulations and limits still apply). There's also free admission to all state parks all weekend.
- Cheer on runners. The annual Sioux Falls Skedaddle half marathon takes place starting 7 a.m. Sunday. The race starts at Family Park and ends in Fawick Park, and here's a map of the route so you can cheer on runners all along the way.
- Talk mental health. The South Dakota chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Helpline Center are teaming up for a Mental Health Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Levitt at the Falls.
- Catch some comedy. Monk's Ale House is hosting a comedy night starting at 7 p.m. Sunday. Details here.
- Shop with your pups. Local boutiques are teaming up for a "pup crawl" where you can bring your dog along while shopping. Get a special shopping card initialed by all five participating businesses and you'll be entered to win prizes. Details here.
Subscribe to Sioux Falls Simplified
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox