The weather is turning, so it's time to head inside for your fun. Whether you're into the arts or the ancient, here's a few things to check out this week.
- Get Crafty. Head to the fairgrounds for a holiday craft show featuring artisans of all kinds. The fair runs from noon to 8 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. Admission and more info here.
- Honor our veterans with a dance. The El Riad Shrine's Honor Ball is this Friday at 6:45 p.m. You can take dance lessons with admission or just hang around for the music. Details here.
- Peek at the Pettigrew house. Join the Saturday tour of the Pettigrew Home and Museum to see all the "nooks and crannies" of the building, including history and construction. Details here.
- Find a job on the go. DLR Sioux Falls Job Service is hosting a recruiting and hiring event stroll at their location off of 10th street. Stop by for on-the-spot interviews with local employers. Details here.
- A night at the Orpheum. Head to the Orpheum Theater for a performance of "The Sound of Music" by the Dakota Academy of Performing Arts. Opening night is 7 p.m. on Thursday. Tickets and more info here.