Happy Almost Thanksgiving! Even if you're gearing up for the holidays, there's still a few things to keep on your radar this week.
- Grow your heart three sizes.* The Sioux Falls Convention Center is turning into a winter wonderland on Dec. 9 for "Grouchmas." This 21+ event will have games, live music, activities and opportunities to give back to local charities. Save the date, and learn more here.
- Swap sports cards. If you're into sports card trading, Sioux Falls Sports Cards is having a show on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. Buy, sell and trade your cards with local collectors. Details and location here.
- Meet some authors. Between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, local authors will be at the Old Courthouse Museum to meet readers and talk all things literature. Details here.
- Ski into a swap. If you're in need of some new skiing or snowboarding equipment or if you're looking to get rid of your old gear, head to the Great Bear Ski Valley to buy, sell and trade on Saturday at 11 a.m. Details here.
- Arrange some festive flowers. Make your own holiday flower pot at Cliff Avenue Greenhouse on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. You've got to purchase your spot for $60, so you can find more information here.
- Party into the holiday weekend. Head to the El Riad Shrine on Wednesday for a public party with food, music and dancing. Details and reservations here.
*Denotes a paid event listing. Want to see your event featured? Email email@example.com.