Happy November! Halloween is over, and we're already seeing some festive Christmassy events popping up. Plus, get some behind-the-scenes looks at history both via a local documentary and a local tour.
- Catch the Pomp Room documentary on the big screen. The documentary about Sioux Falls legendary rock n' roll club is showing for one week only at West Mall 7. Find showtimes and tickets here.
- Geek out about history. The Siouxland Heritage Museums is hosting a tour of the Irene Hall Museum Resource Center starting at 10 a.m. Thursday (Nov. 10). The center is where all of the museums' collection is stored and taken care of. Get a behind-the-scenes look at how local history is preserved. Details here.
- Meet friends with dogs. The Sioux Falls Area Newcomers Club is inviting folks to bring their pups and come ready to make friends in a series of park meet-ups. The next one is 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9 at Rotary Park. Details (and a schedule of future events) here.
- Celebrate women and 100 years of Embe. Embe is hosting a "Leader's Luncheon" starting 11:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 7 at the convention center. Tickets are available here – and just a head's up, the last day to get tickets is today.
- Dress up and dash. Get a fun, festive costume and go for a run at the Christmas Tree Skirt Dash on Saturday starting at Queen City Bakery. Registration is open until 20 minutes before the start of the race at 11 a.m. Distances range from 1 mile to 3.1 miles, so don't worry, even if it's cold, you'll be done quickly. More here.