Whether you're looking for something family-friendly, a big theme party, a sober party or something active to do, we've got a New Year's Eve event for you. Here's a roundup.
- Party like it's the roaring '20s. Go full-on Gatsby with all-day drink specials, a red-carpet step and a photo walkway at Wiley's Gatsby-style celebration running all day until 2 a.m. Details here.
- Get all dolled up. Stogeez and Bin201 are hosting a fancy black and white New Year's Eve party starting at 7 p.m. Enjoy the DJ and free champagne at midnight. Details here.
- Stay sober and celebrate. Find a community of people offering support for those who want to celebrate without being surrounded by alcohol at the Inaugural Sobriety Wacipi hosted by South Dakota Urban Indian Health. Details here.
- Celebrate and still maintain a bedtime routine. The Washington Pavilion is hosting a "Noon Year's Eve" celebration for kids including a balloon drop, a countdown and a chance to hang out with Radley Rex. Details here.
- Hit the slopes. Great Bear will be open for skiing, snowboarding and tubing until 11:30 p.m. on Dec. 31, with a fireworks display at midnight. You can also get discounted lift tickets after 5 p.m. Details and tickets available here.
- Party like it's 1999. Ok, party like it's the '80s. Remedy is hosting an '80s themed celebration with $0.80 pints of Dakota Classic starting at 8 p.m. until the keg is tapped.