It's the week before Halloween, and spooky events are in full swing. Check out some of these autumnal activities before the season is gone or find something a little less scary to attend.
- Snag some city surplus. The City of Sioux Falls is having an online auction for extra city equipment. You can see the items in person on Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the street division facility. Details and bidding info here.
- Do the monster mash. Bring a canned good to the Halloween Party on Saturday at Our Farm near Parker and get a free gourd. There will also be costumes, music, carnival games, balloon animals and more. Details here.
- Sit in on spooky story time. Join The Source and REACH Literacy on Saturday for a spooky story time at 10 a.m. Get a free book while you're there. Details here.
- Shop the season. If you're in the mood for shopping, The Social is hosting a fall vendor fair on Sunday at noon. There will be food vendors, jewelry vendors and more. Details here.
- Grow green connections. The new nonprofit Building Sustainable Connections is hosting its Green Networking Event at Augustana on Tuesday. Find local sustainable businesses and meet potential employers. Details here.
- Blackout some books. If you've never tried blackout poetry, Tuesday's your chance. Join the Full Circle Book Co-op at 7 p.m. to help clear some space on their shelves by marking up books. Details here.