Grab the pumpkin spice lattes, friends. It's fall activity season now. Whether you're catching a local high school football game or going apple-picking, 'tis the season (almost) for cooler temps, shorter days and chunky sweaters (again, not quite yet, but aren't we a little bit excited for this??)
- Science and art, but for free. The Washington Pavilion is granting access to the Kirby Science Discovery Center and Visual Arts Center for Free First Friday. It's first come, first served, and you can get more info on their website.
- Fall into fall. Head to the Country Apple Orchard this weekend in Harrisburg for a fall festival including zip lines, petting zoos, hay bail mazes, corn mazes and more. Admission info and more details here.
- Drink booze, read books. On Saturday, the Full Circle Book Co-Op is having an all day happy hour, discount bags of books, book signings and more for a "Boozy Book Fair." Details here.
- Menstruate sustainably. Join Elegant Mommy on Monday at 6 p.m. for a period party with conversation about reusable and sustainably period products. Details here.
- Support native art. Head to the opening party at the Old Courthouse Museum on Thursday at 5 p.m. for the Northern Plains Native Americans exhibition. It's free, but more details are here.