- Light the Night.* The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society invites you to attend the 5th annual South Dakota Light the Night event at Falls Park, Sioux Falls, SD on Saturday, Sept. 30. Celebrate, honor, and remember those touched by cancer and enjoy an evening of family-friendly activities, food trucks, kids zone, and music along with an inspirational ceremony and a short walk with illuminated, meaningful lanterns held high. Plus, the evening ends with fireworks! More details here.
- Get nerdy with it. It's SiouxperCon weekend at the Sioux Falls Convention Center. Join the cosplay contest, see panels, play video, board and RPG games, and find fun for the whole family. (You can even win a wedding from Reverie Events, which, full disclosure, is owned by my little sister.) Find all the details here.
- Dance it out. Joy Collective Yoga Studio is hosting a Silent Disco Monday night at the Full Circle Book Co-op. For $15, you can come, put on headphones, and dance your heart out. Details and tickets here.
- Have fun under the sea. The Premiere Playhouse is putting on The Little Mermaid this weekend. Catch a matinee performance, and you can go to a tea party with princesses beforehand, and for the Oct. 7 performance, the Butterfly House and Aquarium is bringing its "Ocean in Motion" exhibit where guests can see marine life up close before seeing the show. Tickets here.
- Cheer on the 'yotes. It's D-Days down in Vermillion all week long. Celebrate the University of South Dakota and cheer on the Coyotes. Find more details and events here.
- Rise and shine with startups. Learn about evolving family business with Anthony Saigh of Burwell Enterprises and Riccardo Tarabelsi of Vinyahd Restaurant Group. The event starts at 8 a.m. Wednesday at Startup Sioux Falls. Grab a free ticket here.
*Denotes a sponsored event.