This week, check out ways to show your pride, learn new tricks, and keep the kids entertained (and don't forget it's Father's Day on Sunday). More here.
- Show some pride. Sioux Falls Pride will have its pride parade this Saturday at 10 a.m. starting at 6th Street and Dakota Avenue. More pride festivities will follow the parade. Details here.
- Keep the pride going. Ahead of the big celebration Saturday, the Multi-Cultural Center is also presenting the inaugural Two-Spirit Wacipi from noon to 9 p.m. Thursday. Details here.
- Walk into a fairytale. McKennan Park will be covered in storybook pages on Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Take the kids for a jaunt around the park and catch the Siouxland Library's Storybook Theatre performance of "Frumpled Fairy Tales" at 10:00 a.m. Details here.
- Celebrate world juggling day. You can learn to juggle this Saturday in McKennan park from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sooo Falls Juggle will be in the park to help jugglers of all ages and abilities. Details here.
- Heat up the evening. Saturday at 8 p.m., BronzeAge sculpture foundry will have hot iron pour demonstrations and shows. If you get there by 4 p.m., you can create a mold for an iron tile for $35. Plus, there's ice cream. More info here.
- Celebrate the solstice — for a cause. Head to Lake Lorraine on Tuesday to celebrate the summer solstice and benefit the Alzheimer’s Association. It's free, and there will be food trucks, music, yard games, trivia, prizes, paddle boarding, luminaries for lost loved ones and more. The schedule and more info is here.
- Cut-and-paste the past. Kid's activity day at the Old Courthouse Museum is Thursday. On the third Thursday of every month, kids can head to the museum to make crafts and learn about history for free. Just call to sign up for a time slot beforehand at (605) 367-4210. More details here.