This is a paid piece from Selah Space.
Simplified: Reiki is a form of energy healing. At Selah Space, owner Jada Dobesh works to help you connect with how your emotional experiences are showing up within your body so you can work toward finding peace and balance.
Why it matters
- Dobesh believes that sometimes you need to take the "self" out of "self-care" and learn to rely on others in your wellness journey. Reiki is a way to do just that.
- Reiki and spiritual direction go hand-in-hand at Selah Space. In fact, some reiki sessions never make it to the table to practice because the conversation and spiritual direction is more important or needed at that moment, Dobesh said.
- Selah Space client Megan Niemeyer said her first reiki session was the most relaxed she's been in her adult life.
"Not very often am I fully mindful about truly quieting my thoughts, but during a reiki session that is just what I focus most on," Niemeyer said.
What does a reiki session look like?
It'll vary from person to person, but here's a run-down of what to expect at Selah Space:
- Laying down in a quiet room with calm music playing
- Essential oils and crystals
- Burning sage
- Laying of hands on your body starting at the head as Dobesh prays over you
- Conversations before and after to discuss how you're feeling, what areas you want to focus on and your reactions after the practice.
How can I get started?
You can schedule a reiki session at Selah Space, or, if you're not ready to start with committing to a full session, you can schedule a wellness consult to meet with Dobesh and discuss what will best serve you.